Definition of Bringing close together
1. Noun. The act of bringing near or bringing together especially the cut edges of tissue.
Bringing Close Together Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bringing Close Together Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bringing Close Together
Literary usage of Bringing close together
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The royal phraseological English-French, French-English dictionary by John Charles Tarver (1853)
"Le rapprochement des lèvres de la plaie, thé joining—bringing close together—the lips of a wound. (fry.) Le rapprochement des circonstances éclaircit ..."
2. The Horticultural Register by Sir Joseph Paxton, Joseph Harrison (1834)
"... from oi/v and 6s«r»f, a placing or bringing close together, they designate the re-uniting of the parts or constituents separated by analysis, ..."
3. Zoology: Descriptive and Practical by Buel Preston Colton (1903)
"Try bringing close together cages containing different kinds of birds. How much attention do they pay each other? Try placing a mirror close to a caged bird ..."
4. The General History of Polybius by Polybius (1823)
"... comparing always, and bringing close together, the parts that are unknown, with those that are already known, and which have been before described. ..."
5. Creative Unity by Rabindranath Tagore (1922)
"But my object in bringing close together these two religions, which seem to belong to opposite poles, is to point out the fundamental unity in them. ..."
6. The Association Review by American Association to Promote the Teaching of Speech to the Deaf (1901)
""Besides drawing the vocal shelves straight and wheeling into mutual contact the vocal processes, thus bringing close together the inner ..."
7. Notes of a Theological Student by James Mason Hoppin (1854)
"And Bethlehem is near Jerusalem. even as the birth was nigh the death, bringing close together the Alpha and the Omega of that life, on which all lives hang ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Bringing close together