Definition of Bufferin
1. Noun. Aspirin coated with a substance capable of neutralizing acid (trade name Bufferin).
Generic synonyms: Acetylsalicylic Acid, Aspirin, Bayer, Empirin, St. Joseph
Category relationships: Trademark
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bufferin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bufferin
Literary usage of Bufferin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Recueil des traités de la Porte ottomane avec les puissance étrangères by Turkey (1884)
"En an met, lord bufferin ... Lord bufferin constate que, dana be projet Ce M. ... It lord bufferin quo he projet de M. ..."
2. The Arena by Harry Houdini Collection (Library of Congress) (1895)
"The dinner had been given in honor of Lord bufferin, one of the most distinguished diplomats in the British service, and all the most brilliant men in ..."
3. Macmillan's Magazine by David Masson, George Grove, John Morley, Mowbray Morris (1890)
"By the MARQUIS OF bufferin. 8vo. 98. The Viking Age; the Early History, Manners, and Customs of the . ..."
4. The Gentleman's Magazine (1840)
"... who was killed at Waterloo, in his 27th year, unmarried; 3. Hans, who also died unmarried; and 4. the Right Hon. Price now Lord bufferin and ..."
5. The Women's Health and Aging Study: Health and Social Characteristics of ...edited by Jack M. Guralnik, Linda P. Fried, Eleanor M. Simonsick, Judith D. Kasper, Mary E. Lafferty edited by Jack M. Guralnik, Linda P. Fried, Eleanor M. Simonsick, Judith D. Kasper, Mary E. Lafferty (1995)
"We are also interested in other medicines not prescribed by a doctor such as: aspirin, Tylenol, bufferin, Anacin, headache pills or pain killers, laxatives, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Bufferin