Definition of Business expense
1. Noun. Ordinary and necessary expenses incurred in a taxpayer's business or trade.
Generic synonyms: Disbursal, Disbursement, Expense
Specialized synonyms: Organization Expense, Promotional Expense
Business Expense Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Business Expense Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Business Expense
Literary usage of Business expense
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Federal Income Tax, War-profits and Excess-profits Taxes: Including Stamp by George Edwin Holmes (1921)
"The payment of an addition to tax for delinquency in filing a return may be deducted from gross income as a business expense when such addition is incident ..."
2. Credits and Collections by Edward M. Skinner (1916)
"DEBTS FOR business expense A debt for business expense which has no direct reflex in tangible assets must be considered in its bearing on profitable ..."
3. America's Interests After the European War (1915)
"The old theory that it must be borne as a part of the cost of the articles produced is rapidly giving way to the theory that it is a business expense and ..."
4. Business--a Profession by Louis Dembitz Brandeis, Ernest Poole (1914)
"Since the cost of making old age provision is thus either a part of the employees' daily cost of living or of the employer's daily business expense, ..."
5. Successful Independent Consulting: Turn Your Career Experience Into a by Douglas Florzak (1999)
"You can deduct the gross amount of your payroll as well as all the related payroll taxes as a corporate business expense. When you start payroll in your ..."
6. Applied Methods of Scientific Management by Frederic Augustus Parkhurst (1912)
"(B) These symbolize the different divisions which business expense is divided into for comparison, etc., as Bl, up to BIO inclusive. 5. SHOPKEEPING EXPENSE. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Business expense