Definition of Button tree
1. Noun. Evergreen tree or shrub with fruit resembling buttons and yielding heavy hard compact wood.
Button Tree Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Button Tree Images
Literary usage of Button tree
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Gardeners Dictionary: Containing the Methods of Cultivating and ...by Philip Miller by Philip Miller (1735)
"The Button-Tree ; -vulgo. ... was lent from Carolina, by the Nume of Button-Tree, and by the Account, fent with it, ..."
2. The Gardeners Dictionary: Containing the Methods of Cultivating and ...by Philip Miller by Philip Miller (1754)
"Button-tree with Leaves growing ... Lin. Hart. Cliff. Button-tree with three Leaves growing at each Joint. ..."
3. Plant Names, Scientific and Popular, Including in the Case of Each Plant the by Albert Brown Lyons (1900)
"CONOCARPUS, L. button tree. Combretaceae. From Greek, "cone fruited". ... Buttonwood, button tree, Zaragoza Mangrove. 668. ..."
4. Hortus Kewensis; Or, A Catalogue of the Plants Cultivated in the Royal by William Aiton (1813)
"Button-tree, i. 381. Button-weed, i. 232. Button-wood, i. 223. C. Cabbage, iv. 123. Cabbage-tree,iv.497. V.34O. Cajú Puti-tree, iv. 41O. Calaba-lree, iii. ..."