2. Proper noun. A national park within this region. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cairngorms
1. cairngorm [n] - See also: cairngorm
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cairngorms Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cairngorms
Literary usage of Cairngorms
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Annual Meeting (1901)
"The cairngorms were obtained by digging shallow pits and trenches in the ... These idiomorphic quartzes are the cairngorms, but are only valuable when large ..."
2. Adventure Guide to Scotland by Martin Li (2005)
"Strathspey & The cairngorms 1 The strath (valley) of the River Spey runs through ... To the east rise the rugged peaks of the cairngorms, a mass of granite ..."
3. Daytrips Scotland and Wales by Judith Frances Duddle (2003)
"Trip 11 Aviemore & the cairngorms A Daytrip from Edinburgh or Glasgow One of the great things about Aviemore and the cairngorms is that ¡t is easy to get ..."
4. Circuit Journeys by Henry Cockburn Cockburn (1888)
"And these cairngorms ! I got out of the chaise, without stopping it, by the [front] window, and sat (as I often do) for an hour or so, after leaving ..."