Definition of Calcined lime
1. Noun. A white crystalline oxide used in the production of calcium hydroxide.
Terms within: Atomic Number 20, Ca, Calcium
Generic synonyms: Oxide
Derivative terms: Lime
Calcined Lime Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Calcined Lime Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Calcined Lime
Literary usage of Calcined lime
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lectures to Farmers on Agricultural Chemistry by Alexander Petzholdt (1846)
"Quick or calcined lime has an alkaline, caustic, and very disagreeable taste ; and, ... calcined lime does not absorb any carbonic acid from dry air, ..."
2. Researches on the Action of the Blast-furnace by Carl Schinz (1870)
"In favour of the calcined lime is also its inferior specific heat at a high temperature. Although the specific heat (see Chapter X.) of the raw lime is at ..."
3. Manual of Technical Analysis: A Guide for the Testing and Valuation of the by Pompejus Alexander Bolley (1857)
"If, for instance, the loss amounted to 35 per cent., then 65 parts of calcined lime would represent 100 parts of the limestone, and the residue, ..."
4. The Principles of Agriculture by Albrecht Daniel Thaer (1844)
"Carbonate of lime dissolves in acids quite as readily as calcined lime; ... When calcined lime combines with acids, it loses the causticity and alkaline ..."
5. Calcareous Cements: Their Nature, Manufacture & Uses with Some Observations by Gilbert Richard Redgrave, Charles Spackman (1905)
"... General (at that time Captain) Scott, EE, found to his surprise that the calcined lime would not go abroad or crumble to dust in the usual way in water. ..."
6. Spons' Dictionary of Engineering, Civil, Mechanical, Military, and Naval by Edward Spon, Oliver Byrne (1874)
"A kÄ in which coke is the fuel will yield nearly one- third more calcined lime in a given time than on») in which coal is used. In many countries wood is ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Calcined lime