Definition of California beauty
1. Noun. Any of several handsome evergreen shrubs of California and northern Mexico having downy lobed leaves and showy yellow flowers.
Group relationships: Fremontia, Fremontodendron, Genus Fremontia, Genus Fremontodendron
Generic synonyms: Bush, Shrub
California Beauty Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: California Beauty Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of California Beauty
Literary usage of California beauty
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Methodist Review (1891)
"He is, besides, highly artistic in his sketches of california beauty. The reader finds himself quickly and thoroughly en rapport with the author in his ..."
2. The Book Buyer by Charles Scribner's Sons (1896)
"... strong, untrained, yet splendid endowment, bodily, mental, and spiritual, of her heroine, a california beauty and heiress, of an indigenous type. ..."
3. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Plant Industry (1903)
"SIMILAR NAMES. island Beauty, Netted Beauty, Southern Beauty, california beauty. Long Persian. Buc Shm. For similar names see Persian. ..."
4. In the Swim: A Story of Currents and Under-currents in Gayest New York by Richard Savage (1898)
"Harold Vreeland sought out Senator Garston, whom he found at dinner, with the sparkling california beauty at his side. A few whispers were exchanged, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: California beauty