Definition of Cambodian
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Cambodia.
Group relationships: Cambodia, Kampuchea, Kingdom Of Cambodia
Generic synonyms: Asian, Asiatic
Specialized synonyms: Khmer
Derivative terms: Kampuchean
2. Adjective. Of or relating to or characteristic of Cambodia or its people or language.
Partainyms: Cambodia, Cambodia
Derivative terms: Cambodia, Kampuchea, Kampuchean
Definition of Cambodian
1. Adjective. Of, from, or pertaining to Cambodia, the Cambodian people, or the Khmer language. ¹
2. Noun. A person from Cambodia or of Cambodian descent. ¹
3. Proper noun. The language of the Cambodian people. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cambodian Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cambodian
Literary usage of Cambodian
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cambodia at War by Dinah PoKempner, Human Rights Watch/Asia, Arms Project (Human Rights Watch) (1995)
"cambodian People's Party, the political party of the government installed ... This report does not use cambodian forms of address or titles when referring ..."
2. Appletons' Popular Science Monthly by William Jay Youmans (1896)
"A cambodian PRIMARY SCHOOL. ... gratuitously and in a spirit of charity to voluntary pupils reading and writing in the cambodian language and characters; ..."
3. The Cold War in Asia by Cold War International History Project (1996)
"Executive Summary The cambodian Genocide Program (CGP) has made rapid ... The Royal cambodian Government is now considering several options for legal ..."
4. United Nations Peacekeeping Operations: Ad Hoc Missions, Permanent Engagement by Ramesh Chandra Thakur, Albrecht Schnabel (2001)
"Some people might find this judgement too harsh, given that the cambodian government has shape and form, the country has membership in most international ..."
5. Political Control, Human Rights, and the UN Mission in Cambodia by Dinah PoKempner (1992)
"Should the international community and die other cambodian parties decide to press fonvard with elections without the cooperation of the ..."
6. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1896)
"... Glacier source of the, 49 Polo player«, Native, 27 Polo ground, Band and spectators on, 31 Tashkurgan, Fort of, 111 Siam— cambodian girl weaving cloth, ..."
7. Land Mines in Cambodia: The Coward's War by Asia Watch, Physicians for Human Rights, Asia Watch Committee (U.S.), Asia Watch Committee (U.S., Physicians for Human Rights (U.S.) (1991)
"The camp was originally a holding center for officially-accepted cambodian refugees awaiting resettlement in other countries. But increasingly, it became a ..."