2. Noun. (misspelling of camelid) ¹
3. Noun. Imaginary animal like a camel. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cameloid
1. of the camel family [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cameloid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cameloid
Literary usage of Cameloid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1869)
"The author premises to his descriptions of these remains a summary of the evidence of Fossil cameloid Quadrupeds in the memoirs and works of Lund, Pictet, ..."
2. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1876)
"The first of these genera cannot have been derived from the second, on account of the cameloid cervical vertebra; of the latter, and all three must be ..."
3. Annual Report of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the by Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories (U.S.), United States General Land Office, United States Dept. of the Interior (1874)
"... cameloid cervical vertebra?, and dentition characterize this type as a peculiar family, which may be called ..."
4. Alternative Coca Reduction Strategies in the Andean Region (1994)
"The Small-Ruminants program, focusing on native cameloid stock, is now in its 11th year. This effort also has been an important and useful experience for ..."
5. Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the (1875)
"The first of these genera cannot have been derived from the second on account of the cameloid cervical vertebra? of the latter, and all three must bo ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1910)
"Nearly twenty skeletons, some of them absolutely complete and others approximately complete, belonging to two species of the cameloid genus Steno- ..."