Definition of Camphor tree
1. Noun. Large evergreen tree of warm regions whose aromatic wood yields camphor.
Generic synonyms: Laurel
Group relationships: Cinnamomum, Genus Cinnamomum
Camphor Tree Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Camphor Tree Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Camphor Tree
Literary usage of Camphor tree
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Pharmaceutical Journal by Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (1853)
"Valentyn gives the following statement on this subject, which was in 1680 communicated to him by Arent Sylvius :— "The Camphor-tree is found in several ..."
2. The Island of Formosa, Past and Present: History, People, Resources, and by James Wheeler Davidson (1903)
"The camphor tree abounds in the central and southern provinces of ... It is recorded that, in Italy a camphor tree, in eight years from the planting of the ..."
3. Pagan Races of the Malay Peninsula by Walter William Skeat, Charles Otto Blagden (1906)
"Jakun it is the Camphor-tree Spirit which has to be propitiated ; and the use of the taboo jargon is only one part of the necessary ritual, ..."
4. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1890)
"camphor tree, This leads me to speak a word in favor of one of the most beautiful as well as useful trees, the " Laurus camphora," or camphor tree. ..."