Definition of Canfields
1. canfield [n] - See also: canfield
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Canfields Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Canfields
Literary usage of Canfields
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of the Old Town of Derby, Connecticut, 1642-1880: With by Samuel Orcutt, Ambrose Beardsley (1880)
"Crafts, the cashier, obtained and had in hand, through the canfields, ... The canfields in one month exchanged with drovers and other business men $80000. ..."
2. Records of the Town of Newark, New Jersey: From Its Settlement in 1666, to by Newark (N.J.) (1864)
"... return by Maple Island Creek Till they Come at Mr. canfields Lott; and so over the Creek at Mr. canfields Lott; and so Goe down the Creek Till they Come ..."
3. Proud Mahaska, 1843-1900 by Semira Ann Hobbs Phillips (1900)
"field did keep what was called a tavern a little while. The canfields kept the judge and lawyers who held court the Summer before. Many funny incidents used ..."
4. A History: Greeley and the Union Colony of Colorado by David Boyd (1890)
"He continued in the banking business until some time in 1875. when he went into the coal business with his relatives the canfields, from whom the town of ..."
5. Practice Reports in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeals by Nathan Howard, New York (State). Court of Appeals, New York (State). Supreme Court (1870)
"The canfields sold out their interest in the partnership property and effects to Myers, and Myers entered into an agreement with the ..."
6. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register by Henry Fritz-Gilbert Waters (1858)
"... and canfields, the cotemporaries of Thomas Davis, had emigrated to the Western country, now Morris county, and while the red men where yet in the ..."
7. Report by United States Board on Geographic Names, United States Geographic Board (1892)
"Lounsberry; locality and KR station, Tioga county, NY (Not canfields Corners. ) Loup Loup; creek near Malott, Okan- ogan county, Wash. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Canfields