Definition of Capeline bandage
1. Noun. Bandage that covers the head or an amputation stump like a cap.
Medical Definition of Capeline bandage
1. A bandage covering the head or an amputation stump like a cap. Origin: L. Capella, a cap (05 Mar 2000)
Capeline Bandage Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capeline Bandage Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capeline Bandage
Literary usage of Capeline bandage
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of Nursing: Medical & Surgical by Laurence Humphry (1895)
"capeline bandage, viewed from the front. and then fastening the bandage behind one of the ... capeline bandage.—To cover in the whole head by this method, ..."
2. A Handbook for Nurses by James Kenneth Watson (1900)
"The capeline bandage, which is used by some to cover in the whole scalp, is a firm bandage, but it has the disadvantage of being very hot and apt to cause ..."
3. A System of surgery: theoretical and practical v.5 by Timothy Holmes (1871)
"The application may 1 ., y secured in position by a few circular tun FIG. 339. of the long end of the roller (fig. -^ • The recurrent or capeline bandage is ..."