Definition of Capital of Pakistan
1. Noun. The capital of Pakistan in the north on a plateau; the site was chosen in 1959.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Islamic Republic Of Pakistan, Pakistan, West Pakistan
Capital Of Pakistan Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Pakistan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Pakistan
Literary usage of Capital of Pakistan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"capital of Pakistan An executive order was issued on Aug. x, ... as Capital of Pakistan in place of Karachi, and providing that Karachi would in future be ..."
2. CapitalOttawa (Ont.) Periodicals (1888)
"SUPPLEMENT TO "CAPITAL", 12th APRIL Г Apart from Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan, we visited Peshawar, the Khyber Pass and the lovely valley of Swat. ..."
3. Pakistan: A Country Study edited by Peter R. Blood (1996)
"Dhaka was designated the legislative capital of Pakistan, while the newly created Islamabad became the administrative capital. Central government bodies ..."
4. India and the United States: Estranged Democracies, 1941-1991 by Dennis Kux (1994)
"Dulles' next stop after New Delhi was Karachi, then the capital of Pakistan. The contrast in the welcome was marked. In New Delhi, the Indians were correct, ..."