Definition of Car-ferry
1. Noun. A ferry that transports motor vehicles.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Car-ferry Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Car-ferry
Literary usage of Car-ferry
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to Ireland by Tina Neylon (2004)
"By Car Ferry If you're traveling to Clare from County Kerry by road, you can avoid Limerick altogether by using the car ferry from Tarbert to Killimer, ..."
2. Report by California, State Board of Harbor Commissioners (1914)
"Car Ferry Slips. The present car ferries at the foot of Lombard Street are to be ... The construction follows the plan of the present car ferry slips in ..."
3. Rose's Notes on the United States Supreme Court Reports (2 Dallas to 241 by Walter Malins Rose, Charles Lawrence Thompson, United States Supreme Court (1917)
"... to arbitration by mutual agreement but did not prohibit action prior to arbitration, such condition not implied; Lake Michigan Car Ferry Transp. Co. v. ..."
4. Cassier's Magazine edited by [Anonymus AC02877163] (1898)
"In former systems of railroad economy, a car ferry had been regarded as a necessary nuisance, an expedient for bridging a gap of water, a connecting link ..."
5. Landscapes of Southern Tenerife and La Gomera by Noel Rochford (2004)
"Sun Trasmediterranea car ferry Isla de Gomera' 20.30 20.30 daily Fred Olsen high-speed ferry 'Benchijigua Express' 21.05 From La Gomera (San Sebastian) to ..."