Definition of Carob bean tree
1. Noun. Evergreen Mediterranean tree with edible pods; the biblical carob.
Group relationships: Ceratonia, Genus Ceratonia
Terms within: Algarroba, Algarroba Bean, Carob, Carob Bean, Locust Bean, Locust Pod
Generic synonyms: Bean Tree
Carob Bean Tree Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Carob Bean Tree Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Carob Bean Tree
Literary usage of Carob bean tree
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report on Parasitic and Injurious Insects by Walter Wilson. Froggartt (1909)
"... had been seen for many years, the year's rest from cropping after the fire probably being the reason for the great crop The Carob Bean tree (Ceratonia ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1892)
"Mr. F. Turner contributes to the April number of the Agricultural Gazette of New South Wales a paper on the carob bean tree as one of the commercial plants ..."
3. Industrial Arts Index by H.W. Wilson Company (1914)
"Scl Am S 75:374-5 Je 14 48 Carob carob bean tree. Scl Am 108:42 Ja 11 '13 Carpentry. See Building: Floors; bathes; Miter-boxes; Trellis work Carriage and ..."
4. The Annual Literary Index by William Isaac Fletcher, Richard Rogers Bowker (1893)
"Don Quixote..Poet-Lore, Ap. Turner, CH Birds, Brain of Science, JaS. Turner, F. Carob-bean tree Nature, ..."
5. Qabbalah: The Philosophical Writings of Solomon Ben Yehudah Ibn Gebirol, Or by Isaac Myer (1888)
"There a miracle operated in their favour, God created a carob bean tree (St. John's bread tree) bearing fruit through all the year for their support, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Carob bean tree