Definition of Catties
1. cattie [n] - See also: cattie
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Catties Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Catties
Literary usage of Catties
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Banking and Prices in China by Joseph Edkins (1905)
"Five catties and a half of raw silk should be paid by every ratepayer who belonged to a silk company of co-operative workers. ..."
2. The Great Wall of China by William Edgar Geil (1909)
"Duties on iron, 2000 catties; on copper, 67 catties; tin, 45 catties; lead, 50 catties; beeswax, 80 catties; madder, 40 catties; white powder, 5 catties; ..."
3. The Chinese Repository by Elijah Coleman Bridgman, S. W. Williams (1840)
"10 catties pictures. 1 large wooden table. 27 catties white sugar in one package. 36 catties preserves in one box. 27 catties salt fish in one package. ..."
4. Treaties Between the Empire of China and Foreign Powers: Together with by China (1901)
"Pottery, Earthenware „ 100 catties ,, on Pith or Rice Paper per hundred Preserves, Comfits, and Sweetmeats „ Rattans, Split ,, Rhubarb » Rattan Ware , ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Catties