Definition of Celiac artery
1. Noun. An artery that originates from the abdominal aorta just below the diaphragm and branches into the left gastric artery and the common hepatic artery and the splenic artery.
Generic synonyms: Arteria, Arterial Blood Vessel, Artery
Celiac Artery Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Celiac Artery Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Celiac Artery
Literary usage of Celiac artery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Anatomy of the Nervous System by Stephen Walter Ranson (1920)
"The celiac plexus (solar plexus) is located in the abdomen in close relation to the celiac artery (Figs. 248, 257). It is continuous with the plexus which ..."
2. A Text-book of Human Physiology: Including Histology and Microscopical by Leonard Landois, Albert Philson Brubaker (1905)
"... 4, celiac artery; 5, subclavian arteries; 6, carotid arteries; 7, pulmonary arteries; 8, pulmonary veins. tributed to all parts of the body, ..."
3. Special pathology and therapeutics of the diseases of domestic animals v. 2 by Ferenc Hutyra (1913)
"-fc _ — "Wiss. 1875, 258) shows, however, that such a thrombosis may cause symptoms of disease. The celiac artery in the case referred ..."
4. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1906)
"... the superior mesenteric artery was an end-artery, but that such was not the case with the inferior mesenteric or celiac artery. ..."
5. Primary Studies for Nurses: A Text-book for First Year Pupil Nurses by Charlotte Albina Aikens (1915)
"... An, descending aorta; aA, arch of aorta; Ah, innominate artery; cs, left carotid artery; Ss, left subclavian artery; c, celiac artery; men, mei, ..."
6. Contributions to Medical and Biological Research by William Osler (1919)
"THE celiac artery AND ITS BRANCHES. The short trunk of the A. celiaca splits up at the upper margin of the pancreas into three vessels, the A. gastrica ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Celiac artery