Definition of Cerebrospinal meningitis
1. Noun. Meningitis caused by bacteria and often fatal.
Medical Definition of Cerebrospinal meningitis
Cerebrospinal Meningitis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cerebrospinal Meningitis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cerebrospinal Meningitis
Literary usage of Cerebrospinal meningitis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Monographic Medicine by William Robie Patten Emerson, Guido Guerrini, William Brown, Wendell Christopher Phillips, John Whitridge Williams, John Appleton Swett, Hans Günther, Mario Mariotti, Hugh Grant Rowell (1916)
"Epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis ... Genickstarre) Epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis is an epidemic or sporadic inflammation of the cerebrospinal membranes ..."
2. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1919)
"FROM November 10, 1917 to June 1, 1918, we had 126 cases of epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis, \vith 65 recoveries and 61 deaths, a mortality of 48.26 per ..."
3. Transactions by Epidemiological Society of London (1899)
"EPIDEMIC cerebrospinal meningitis. BY R. BRUCE LOW, MD (Bead: January 2(MA ... Papers describing certain outbreaks of epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis have ..."
4. The Diseases of infancy and childhood by Henry Koplik (1918)
"The author will first consider cerebrospinal meningitis of the epidemic and sporadic type, ... —cerebrospinal meningitis is an acute infectious disease, ..."
5. Epidemiology and public health: a text and reference book for physicians by Victor Clarence Vaughan (1922)
"It is possible for a syphilitic to develop cerebrospinal meningitis, ... Experimental cerebrospinal meningitis.—The first successful production of typical ..."
6. Infectious Diseases by James Cornelius Wilson, Julius Lincoln Salinger (1910)
"EPIDEMIC cerebrospinal meningitis BY H. EICHHORST, ZÜRICH ETIOLOGY ABOUT the ... There is also a book by Dr. Jaeger (cerebrospinal meningitis as a House ..."