Definition of Certificate of indebtedness
1. Noun. A written promise to repay a debt.
Specialized synonyms: Cash Equivalent, Cd, Certificate Of Deposit, Note, Note Of Hand, Promissory Note, Floater, Bond, Bond Certificate
Generic synonyms: Document
Certificate Of Indebtedness Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Certificate Of Indebtedness Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Certificate Of Indebtedness
Literary usage of Certificate of indebtedness
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by New York (State). Legislature. Senate, New Jersey, Legislature, Idaho Legislature. Senate (1921)
"... authorize and direct the payment of a certain certificate of indebtedness in the sum of four hundred and eighty-six dollars and twenty-two cents, ..."
2. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register by Henry Fritz-Gilbert Waters (1862)
"MASSACHUSETTS certificate of indebtedness. A complete Financial History of the American Revolution is a desideratum, though much has been written upon ..."
3. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1902)
"... on a note given by him for his stock by presenting a certificate of Indebtedness on an adjusted policy and obtaining a surrender of his policy therefor, ..."
4. The Encyclopædia of Pleading and Practice: Under the Codes and Practice Acts by William Mark McKinney, Thomas Johnson Michie (1899)
"... a certificate of deposit,4 a certificate of indebtedness,0 a receipt for grain,® a renewal note taken in the name of the assignor,7 a lost note,8 the ..."
5. Annual Report by Indiana Building and Loan Association Dept (1905)
"3605 Fines 3773 Borrowed money and certificate of Indebtedness 13,60000 Real ... Borrowed money repaid and certificate of Indebtedness 10,40000 Interest on ..."
6. War Borrowing: A Study of Treasury Certificates of Indebtedness of the by Jacob Harry Hollander (1919)
"The use of the term " treasury certificate of indebtedness "— in preference ... On the whole "' treasury certificate of indebtedness' is probably the term ..."
7. Federal Income Tax, War-profits and Excess-profits Taxes: Including Stamp by George Edwin Holmes (1920)
"A "certificate of indebtedness" is primarily any instrument ... A certificate of indebtedness issued under order of a Federal court by a receiver is subject ..."