Definition of Cetoniidae
1. Noun. Considered a separate family in some classification systems.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Family Scarabaeidae, Scarabaeidae
Member holonyms: Cetonia, Genus Cetonia
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cetoniidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cetoniidae
Literary usage of Cetoniidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annals and Magazine of Natural History by William Jardine (1842)
"Notice of a hitherto unobserved Character distinctive of the Sexes in certain cetoniidae. By JO WESTWOOD, Esq., FLS, &c. IN a short notice published in ..."
2. My Life: A Record of Events and Opinions by Alfred Russel Wallace (1905)
"The only other groups of insects upon which I did any systematic work were the families of Pieridae among butterflies and cetoniidae among beetles. ..."
3. Bibliographia Zoologiæ Et Geologiæ: A General Catalogue of All Books, Tracts by Louis Agassiz (1854)
"... an Insect belonging to the Order Coleoptera and Family cetoniidae.—Mag. Nat. Hist. ser. 2, II. p. 635. 62. On the Rodentia, with a view to point out the ..."
4. Studies Scientific & Social by Alfred Russel Wallace (1900)
"Their total absence is, therefore, decidedly unfavourable to the theory of a land-connection with Europe. To the Melolonthidae and cetoniidae, as well as ..."