Definition of Chait
1. Noun. The first Hindu calendar month (corresponding to March in the Gregorian calendar).
Group relationships: Hindu Calendar
Generic synonyms: Hindu Calendar Month
Terms within: Ramanavami
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chait Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chait
Literary usage of Chait
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Cambridge Modern History by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton Acton, Ernest Alfred Benians, Sir Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero (1909)
"This chait Singh refused to do, on the plea that it was beyond his power, and Hastings ... chait Singh quietly submitted ; but his troops rose suddenly, ..."
2. A brief history of the Indian people by William Wilson Hunter (1884)
"Plunder of chait Sinn and of the Oudh Begam.—Hastings further improved the ... chait Sinh, the Rajd of Benares, had grown rich under British protection. ..."
3. Abridgment of the Debates of Congress, from 1789 to 1856: From Gales and by United States Congress, Thomas Hart Benton (1856)
"... of Judge chait. Mr. LEIB.—I do not charge the mover with partiality, but the resolution with embracing one judge instead of two. ..."
4. A Collection of Treaties, Engagements, and Sanads Relating to India and ...by India Foreign and Political Dept by India Foreign and Political Dept (1892)
"Administration of Civil and Criminal Justice entrusted to chait Singh Adoption ... British guarantee to Nawab Wazir's Sanad to chait Singh of —- . ..."
5. A Collection of Treaties, Engagements, and Sanads Relating to India and by India Foreign and Political Dept (1892)
"Administration of Civil and Criminal Justice entrusted to chait Singh Adoption Sanad granted to the Raja of Agreement with ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Chait