Definition of Chakras
1. Noun. (plural of chakra) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Chakras
1. chakra [n] - See also: chakra
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chakras Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chakras
Literary usage of Chakras
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Secret Doctrine: The Synthesis of Science, Religion, and Philosophy by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (1897)
"Our seven chakras are all situated in the head, and it is these Master chakras which govern and rule the seven (for there are seven) principal plexuses in ..."
2. Your Psychic Powers and how to Develop Them by Hereward Carrington (1920)
"HOW TO AWAKEN THE "chakras" OB 7 VITAL, CENTRES These seven vital centres in the body are known as "chakras" and have very great interest and importance in ..."
3. Merging with Śiva: Hinduism's Contemporary Metaphysics = Śiva Sāyujy by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami, Subramuniya, Master Subramuniya (2002)
"... CANTO EIGHT chakras THE FIFTY-FIFTH APHORISM To cognize the states of mind in relation to the physical body, it is necessary to understand the nervous ..."
4. Know Thy Self by Himalayan Academy, Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami (2004)
"chakras: Centers of Consciousness Seeker: What are the chakras? Gurudeva: The chakras are great force centers or nerve ganglia in the physical body, ..."
5. Higher Psychical Development (Yoga Philosophy) an Outline of the Secret by Hereward Carrington (1920)
"dimensional; and of course the chakras are, as I have said before, ... chakras proper, which as subtle, vital, and conscious centres in the spinal cord are ..."
6. Living With Siva by Subramuniya (2001)
"Teach theni that chakras are also rooms of consciousness, and the energy we put ... Remember, there are only two basic areas to cover: pratia and chakras. ..."
7. The Science of Breath and the Philosophy of the Tattvas by Rāma-prasāda (1897)
"We have, therefore, thirty-one pairs of nerves. Instead of pairs we speak in the language of the Tantras of chakras (discs or circles). ..."
8. Dancing with Siva: Hinduism's Contemporary Catechism by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami (2003)
"The seven principal chakras are situated along the spinal cord from the base to ... Thus, there are 14 major chakras in all. The seven upper chakras are: i) ..."