¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Channeler
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Channeler Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Channeler
Literary usage of Channeler
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Compressed Air Plant: The Production, Transmission and Use of Compressed Air by Robert Peele (1920)
"But, instead of drilling'a series of round holes, the channeler, ... 211 shows the general construction of a standard compressed air-driven channeler. ..."
2. Handbook of Construction Plant: Its Cost and Efficiency by Richard Turner Dana (1914)
"One complete "Electric-Air" channeler outfit includes the following: One "Electric-Air" ... channeler steels are furnished only on order, at extra cost. ..."
3. Rock Excavation: Methods and Cost by Halbert Powers Gillette (1904)
"22 shows parallel channels made with a channeler, and it shows the plug and ... 23 shows a Sullivan channeler, and Fig. 24 shows a wheel pit extension, ..."
4. A Practical Treatise on Sub-aqueous Foundations: Including The Coffer-dam by Charles Evan Fowler (1914)
"WARDWELL channeler. the blocks loosened on the under side in some manner, usually by wedging, and then lifted out, or it may be removed by blasting. ..."
5. Handbook of Rock Excavation, Methods and Cost by Halbert Powers Gillette (1916)
"Steels for channeler Bits. tain kinds of limestone and sandstone. This is like the marble gang, except that the diagonals slope toward each other instead of ..."
6. Handbook of Construction Equipment: Its Cost and Use by Richard Turner Dana (1921)
"The depth to which a channeler can cut depends upon the character of the rock. ... In the fixed-back channeler the movement of the steels is limited to two ..."
7. Cyclopedia of Engineering: A General Reference Work on Steam Boilers, Pumps edited by Louis Derr (1909)
"Where the rock which is to be quarried has no well-defined horizontal cleavage lines so that tln blocks cut by the ordinary track channeler cannot be split ..."