Definition of Chappie
1. Noun. (alternative spelling of chappy) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Chappie
1. a fellow [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chappie Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chappie
chappie (current term)
Literary usage of Chappie
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1887)
"It was proposed in 1741 to erect at Exeter a new Devon and Exeter hospital, and to chappie was entrusted the task of superintending the works. ..."
2. The Crime of Caste in Our Country: Americans Enforce Equality. No Sham by Benjamin Rush Davenport (1893)
"148 THE CRIME OF CASTE. them on the streets of this and other good cities in the Umon by "chappie" and those creatures of his k,nd ; and in their telling of ..."
3. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of King's Bench: During by Great Britain Court of King's Bench, James Manning, Archer Ryland (1831)
"Bayly for an attachment for the non-performance by Trader of an award made by chappie and Atkinson. A cross rule was obtained by Busby for setting aside the ..."
4. Reports of Cases Relating to Maritime Law: Containing All the Decisions of by James Perronet Aspinall, Butler Aspinall, Geoffrey Hutchinson, James. A. Petrie, F. A. P. Rowe, Bruce Farthing (1873)
"chappie and Co. could not protect themselves against the holders thereof in respect of the loss by jettison, oven though such holders might be identical ..."
5. Reports of Cases in Criminal Law Argued and Determined in All the Courts in by Edward William Cox (1895)
"i_« joint indict- chappie, in Aug., 1890, transferred his business to Bolingbroke ments— together with the lease of 29, Cockspur-street, and the stock-in ..."
6. Sporting Magazine edited by [Anonymus AC02751662] (1831)
"121b. Mr. S. Stonehewer'sch. f. The Fairy, 3 yrs old, 7st. 2 (chappie) 1 Mr. Gardner's br. »i. Emmeline, ñ yrs old, 8st. 121b 3 Six to 4 on The Balkan. ..."
7. Palmer's Index to "The Times" NewspaperTimes (London, England) (1890)
"H.) in Edinburgh, 18 а 10 я — 2|а 7 / on Labourers' Allotments. 16 ; 6 e and (he Meat Trade, 26 а 10 6—28 n 6 в chappie (AFI on the Dangers of Gas and ..."