Definition of Charcoal-grey
1. Adjective. Of a very dark grey.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Charcoal-grey Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Charcoal-grey
Literary usage of Charcoal-grey
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Architectural Rendering in Wash by Harold Van Buren Magonigle (1921)
"Charcoal Grey and Peach Black: The first is a rather cold, ... The particles of color are very light (Charcoal Grey is made from charcoal) and float off to ..."
2. The Illustration of Books: A Manual for the Use of Students, Notes for a by Joseph Pennell (1896)
"... in the latter case there is nothing which photographs so well as charcoal grey, made by Newman & Co. The most delicate washes reproduce beautifully. ..."
3. Metallurgy: The Art of Extracting Metals from Their Ores, and Adapting Them by John Percy (1864)
"\Vhen charcoal (ie smelted with charcoal) grey cast-iron was substituted for coke cast-iron,—the material used in the foregoing experiments,— precisely the ..."
4. The Emporium of Arts and Sciences by John Redman Coxe (1815)
"When die iron is carried in small pigs to the bloomery or refinery, it is melted on the hearth under charcoal. Grey cast iron is commonly used for the ..."
5. The Chemistry of the Several Natural and Artificial Heterogeneous Compounds by Simeon Shaw (1900)
"... is fused, absorbed, and reduced, effervescing and detonating, or, with borax, or mie. salt, a glass on platinum wire clear, on charcoal grey and opaque, ..."
6. Report of Progress for by Geological Survey of Canada (1878)
"Pair brick-red Weathered, but bright on fresh fracture ; contained a little mineral charcoal. Grey Dense firm shining coke. Reddish Coke firm. ..."
7. Hand-book of Chemistry by Leopold Gmelin, Henry Watts (1850)
"By igniting a mixture of heavy spar with charcoal, grey sulphide of antimony, and sulphur, and exhausting the mass with water, a few crystals are also ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Charcoal-grey