Definition of Charles the bald
1. Noun. As Charles II he was Holy Roman Emperor and as Charles I he was king of France (823-877).
Charles The Bald Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Charles The Bald Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Charles The Bald
Literary usage of Charles the bald
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"... Lorraine, which lay between the East Frankish Kingdom of Louis the German and the West Frankish Kingdom of Charles the Bald, was assigned ..."
2. The Spirit of Laws by Charles de Secondat Montesquieu (1773)
"Of the nature of the fiefs after the reign of Charles the Bald. r "\A7 E have ... *w Charles the Bald qr- 28. ..."
3. A History of Diplomacy in the International Development of Europe by David Jayne Hill (1905)
"Hastening over the St. Bernard pass, Charles the Bald Coronation of met the papal embassy in the valley of Aosta, and prepared Baid as Em- -, • •, -,-,,. ..."
4. The Historians' History of the World: A Comprehensive Narrative of the Rise by Henry Smith Williams (1904)
"But Charles the Bald was not destined long to enjoy his bloodless victory ; for Ludwig recovered and threatened him with war unless he consented to a ..."
5. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"However, as the boundary between the possessions of Charles the Bald and those of Louis was not ... Charles the Bald was the first king of western France. ..."
6. The History of Modern Europe: With an Account of the Decline & Fall of the by William Russell, Charles Coote (1822)
"Unnecessarily increasing the number of kings, Charles the Bald, the uncle of these ... The weakness of Charles the Bald was still more extraordinary. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Charles the bald