Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chauvin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chauvin
Literary usage of Chauvin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Voyages and Explorations of Samuel de Champlain (1604-1616) by Samuel de Champlain, Annie Thomson (Nettleton) Bourne (1906)
"CHAPTER VI Voyage of Sieur de Saint chauvin. His plan. ... Return of St. chauvin and Du Pont to France. Second voyage of chauvin: his plan. ..."
2. History of the Huguenot Emigration to America by Charles Washington Baird (1885)
"In the year 1599, Pierre chauvin, seigneur de ... chauvin was a captain in the royal navy, " very expert and well versed in matters of navigation," says ..."
3. The History of the United States of America by Richard Hildreth (1882)
"On the death of La Roche, chauvin, a naval officer, 1600. obtained a similar commission. He formed a connection with ..."
4. The Historical Writings of John Fiske by John Fiske (1902)
"... of the king, a wealthy merchant of Honfleur named Pierre chauvin and a staunch Huguenot withal. Another man of substance, the Sieur de Monts, ..."
5. Cyclopedia of Painters and Paintings edited by John Denison Champlin, Charles Callahan Perkins (1887)
"... canvas, H. 7 ft 6 in. x 10 ft. 1 in. Scene in old House of Lords, April 7, 1778. Earl of Chatham fainting in making an effort to re- chauvin, AUGUST, ..."