Definition of Chicken louse
1. Noun. A louse parasitic on poultry.
Generic synonyms: Bird Louse, Biting Louse, Louse
Group relationships: Genus Menopon, Menopon
Chicken Louse Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chicken Louse Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chicken Louse
Literary usage of Chicken louse
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Saint Louis Medical and Surgical Journal (1893)
"The dermanyssus avium, or chicken louse, as it is more commonly known, ... The treatment of the eruption caused by the chicken louse is a very simple one, ..."
2. The Principles and Practice of Dermatology: Designed for Students and by William Allen Pusey (1917)
"chicken louse (Dermanyssus arium et ... The chicken louse occasionally attacks the human skin and pro«1 ..."
3. Diseases of the Skin: Their Pathology and Treatment by Milton Bixler Hartzell (1917)
"The chicken louse or bird mite is occasionally a very transient parasite upon the human skin, where it produces at times considerable irritation with an ..."
4. Insects Affecting Domestic Animals: An Account of the Species of Importance by Herbert Osborn (1896)
"192)— Lesser chicken louse (p. 192)—Large chicken louse (p. 193)—Pigeon louse (p. ... 201)—The variable chicken louse (p. 202)—The white swan louse (p. ..."