Definition of Chlorophyllose
1. Adjective. Relating to or being or containing chlorophyll.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chlorophyllose Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chlorophyllose
Literary usage of Chlorophyllose
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of the Mosses of North America by Leo Lesquereux, Thomas Potts James (1884)
"... slightly chlorophyllose, the upper oblong-hexagonal, the lower long-rectangular. Flowers dioecious, rarely monoe- cious. ..."
2. Journal of Botany, British and Foreign (1904)
"Cells oval, chlorophyllose, walls thick. Texture soft, rather thin. ... Cells very small, round, densely chlorophyllose, walls very thin. ..."
3. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1896)
"H. confervoides ? bright green areola- tion slightly chlorophyllose.. leave« on young branchée almost hyaline, Rooks ( E. Bartholomew i. ..."
4. Transactions of the Annual Meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science, Kansas Academy of Science Meeting (1896)
"H. confervoides ? bright green areola- tion slightly chlorophyllose, leaves on young branches almost hyaline, Rooks (E. Bartholomew). ..."
5. Bulletin of the University of Wisconsin. by University of Wisconsin (1896)
"chlorophyllose cells of branch leaves isosceles-triangular, or trapezoidal in ... chlorophyllose cells triangular or trapezoidal, exposed on the outer face. ..."
6. Catalogue of the African Plants by William Philip Hiern, Alfred Barton Rendle, Friedrich Martin Josef Welwitsch (1901)
"... narrowly revolute ; the nerve and arista are yellow ; the densely chlorophyllose contracted primordial utricle occupies the long diameter of tbe cells. ..."