Definition of Christian holy day
1. Noun. A religious holiday for Christians.
Generic synonyms: Holy Day, Religious Holiday
Christian Holy Day Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Christian Holy Day Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Christian Holy Day
Literary usage of Christian holy day
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Popular Commentary on the New Testament by Philip Schaff (1880)
"This name, as we shall see from the writings of the next century, became the common and usual designation of the christian holy day. ..."
2. Bible Myths and Their Parallels in Other Religions: Being a Comparison of by Thomas William Doane (1882)
"Thus we see how ttte great Pagan festival, in honor of Sol the invincible, was transformed into a Christian holy-day. Not only were Pagan festival days ..."
3. A Dictionary of Christian Antiquities: Comprising the History, Institutions by William Smith, Samuel Cheetham (1880)
"... and madness of heathenism," and orders the celebration even of the emperor's birthday to be set aside for the sake of the christian holy day(Cod. Theod. ..."
4. History of the Sabbath and First Day of the Week by John Nevins Andrews (1912)
"... accustomed to assemble, which, seemingly, is the more definitely asserted because this was already a christian holy day in the time of the apostles. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Christian holy day