Definition of Chuck out
1. Verb. Throw or cast away. "Put away your worries"
Specialized synonyms: Unlearn, Deep-six, Give It The Deep Six, Jettison, Junk, Scrap, Trash, Waste, Dump, Retire, Abandon, Liquidize, Sell Out, Sell Up, De-access, Close Out
Generic synonyms: Get Rid Of, Remove
Derivative terms: Discard, Discard, Disposal, Disposition, Fling
2. Verb. Put out or expel from a place. "The unruly student was excluded from the game"
Specialized synonyms: Evict, Force Out, Evict, Show The Door, Bounce, Exorcise, Exorcize
Generic synonyms: Expel, Kick Out, Throw Out
Derivative terms: Ejection, Ejector, Exclusion
Definition of Chuck out
1. Verb. (idiomatic) To discard, to dispose of ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Chuck Out Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chuck Out Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chuck Out
Literary usage of Chuck out
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Jig and Fixture Design: A Treatise Covering the Principles of Jig and by Franklin Day Jones (1920)
"Some toolmakers prefer to "chuck out" the hole to the desired size and then ... The most rapid method, however, is to chuck out the hole and finish the ..."
2. Sunset by Southern Pacific Company, Southern Pacific Company. Passenger Dept (1912)
""He dassent show his nose outside that cabin, even to chuck out a fender and ... I bet he ain't got sense enough to chuck out a fender, even if he wasn't ..."
3. Slang and Its Analogues Past and Present: A Dictionary, Historical and by John Stephen Farmer, William Ernest Henley (1891)
"... upon coming to his cottage door had tried hard to get some CHUCK out of him, but had failed. 1877. Five Years Penal Servitude, ch. i., p. 4. ..."
4. Police Records and Recollections, Or, Boston by Daylight and Gaslight: For by Edward Hartwell Savage (1873)
"Bose then enters the ring, and being a dog of good blood, he immediately sets about pulling chuck out of his house; and when Bose crawls in, Chuck gives him ..."
5. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1903)
"The chisel is moved slowly over the surface from the chuck out to the center and back again, and a very light scraping cut taken where it is needed. ..."
6. Punch by Mark Lemon, Henry Mayhew, Tom Taylor, Shirley Brooks, Francis Cowley Burnand, Owen Seaman (1888)
"know whom one is allowed to chuck out ? Then when ! knocked her though a glass door and (as she says) injur« her head, which was always rather soft, ..."