Definition of Church property
1. Noun. Property or income owned by a church.
Generic synonyms: Belongings, Holding, Property
Specialized synonyms: Temporality, Temporalty, Benefice, Ecclesiastical Benefice
Church Property Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Church Property Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Church Property
Literary usage of Church property
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1911)
"On the other hand there was at least a formal injustice in the diversion of true church property for secular uses. It is true that many of the older ..."
2. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"The council then lays down regulations regarding lay trustees. créée concerning church property. The Father« of this council seem to have been hopeful that ..."
3. The Contemporary Review (1870)
"The difference is that the State has long ago felt the necessity of controlling church property, while it is only to-day that the necessity emerges for ..."
4. The Parliamentary Debatesby Great Britain Parliament, Thomas Curson Hansard by Great Britain Parliament, Thomas Curson Hansard (1826)
"But he contended, that both the mode of establishing church property and the mode of dealing with it, were very different both in argument and in practice, ..."
5. Rural Rides in the Counties of Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Hants, Berks, Oxford by William Cobbett (1908)
"Under that word I mean to speak of all that mass of wealth which is vulgarly called church property ; but which is, in fact, public properly, and may, ..."
6. Report of the Proceedings by Church congress (1885)
"The national right of trust and of ownership in church property is, therefore, limited to the State seeing to it that the property is properly and ..."