Definition of Cigarette burn
1. Noun. A burn mark left by a smoldering cigarette. "A cigarette burn on the edge of the table"
Cigarette Burn Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cigarette Burn Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cigarette Burn
Literary usage of Cigarette burn
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Health Consequences of Smoking for Women: A Report of the Surgeon General by DIANE Publishing Company (1985)
"A slightly higher proportion of males reported letting "very little" of their cigarette burn without smoking it: 1970, 20.6 percent male vs. ..."
2. A Manual of syphilis and the venereal diseases by James Nevins Hyde, Frank Hugh Montgomery (1900)
"... which ensues when a herpetic vesicle (" cold sore") of the lip or a cigarette-burn of the same region becomes infected with the virus of syphilis. ..."
3. Family Words: The Dictionary for People Who Don't Know a Frone from a Brinkle by Paul Dickson (1998)
"From radio personality Joel Spivak, who says it Is not his word but he uses it anyway. Smth. cigarette burn on a bathroom wall. ..."
4. The Conventionalists by Robert Hugh Benson (1908)
"She let the cigarette burn itself out unheeded, and sat looking before her at the hot air above the flower beds. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Cigarette burn