Definition of City limits
1. Noun. The limits of the area occupied by a city or town.
Group relationships: City, Town
Generic synonyms: Demarcation, Demarcation Line, Limit
City Limits Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: City Limits Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of City Limits
Literary usage of City limits
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Commentaries on the Law of Municipal Corporations by John Forrest Dillon (1911)
"No express authority city limits. Paris v. Sturgeon, 50 Tex. was conferred to furnish electric light Civ. App. 519; 110 SW Rep. 459. to individual consumers ..."
2. Municipal Franchises: A Description of the Terms and Conditions Upon which by Delos Franklin Wilcox (1911)
"... the character of the local service to be rendered by the interurban company and the rates of fare and transfer privileges within the city limits; ..."
3. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1917)
"Under this franchise a railroad was built along the Grand River road from the then city limits near the Boulevard throughout the township of Greenfield. ..."
4. Journal by Indiana General Assembly. Senate, Indiana, General Assembly, United States Congress Senate (1873)
"substance within the city limits, and punish persons guilty of the aame, and to remove or destroy putrid, animal or vegetable matter, the common council ..."
5. Bulletin by Portland (Or.), Portland (Or.). City Planning Commission, Indiana Employment Commission, City Planning Commission (1919)
"South Portland-Fulton Park Neighborhood: (West city limits to the river, ... West of Eighteenth Street Neighborhood: (Extending from city limits to Chapman ..."