Definition of Clan member
1. Noun. A member of a clan.
Group relationships: Clan, Kin, Kin Group, Kindred, Kinship Group, Tribe
Generic synonyms: Fellow Member, Member
Clan Member Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Clan Member Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Clan Member
Literary usage of Clan member
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Religious Spirit of the American Indian: As Shown in the Development of by Hartley Burr Alexander (1910)
"And so in the tribe or village composed of several clans, each preserves its own cult and ceremonies—rites which not only bring to each clan member the ..."
2. The Traditions of the Hopi by Henry R. Voth (1905)
"She calls her Sand clan member and Lizard clan member, and sends her ... She says maiden shall be Burrowing Owl clan member and youth Coyote clan member. ..."
3. An Ethnologic Dictionary of the Navaho Language by Franciscans, St. Michaels, Ariz (1910)
"... was introduced largely to maintain the rights and reciprocal duties of kinship, as in the case of feuds and criminal offense against any clan member. ..."
4. Harvard African Studies by African Dept (1917)
"During the life of a clan member the aid of this clan ghost is sought, and from special medicine men fetishes are obtained, some of which are kept in the ..."
5. Roman Public Life by Abel Hendy Jones Greenidge (1901)
"... the rights of a clan- member (gentilis) imply the position of a paterfamilias—it follows that the Roman gentes were, as they are represented by ..."