Definition of Class period
1. Noun. A regularly scheduled session as part of a course of study.
Group relationships: Class, Course, Course Of Instruction, Course Of Study
Generic synonyms: Session
Class Period Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Class Period Images
Literary usage of Class period
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Teacher's Technique by Charles Elmer Holley (1922)
"CHAPTER V THE FORMAL class period BEFORE the special teaching methods are examined, it will be well to consider the formal class period and the activities ..."
2. Mentoring Across Boundaries: Helping Beginning Teachers Succeed in by Jean Boreen, Donna Niday, Mary K. Johnson (2003)
"I remembered that Kendra's classroom was empty this class period and removed the ... Then, the next class period they can spend the majority of the period ..."
3. Macmillan's Magazine by David Masson, George Grove, John Morley, Mowbray Morris (1873)
"The middle-class period, they will remember, left the labour question almost untouched ; and it was not till they had gained a voice in legislation that the ..."
4. The Administration of Secondary-school Units by Leonard Vincent Koos (1917)
"METHODS DISPOSITION OF THE class period The teachers were asked to state what ... From one-eighth to three-fourths of the class period is devoted to ..."
5. Developments in School Finance edited by William J. Fowler, William J. Fowler, Jr. (1998)
"average 0.73 of a student class period was devoted to science at the remedial level each week. In the subsequent five years, this number fell sharply and ..."