Definition of Class war
1. Noun. Conflict between social or economic classes (especially between the capitalist and proletariat classes).
Class War Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Class War Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Class War
Literary usage of Class war
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cyclopedia of American Government by Andrew Cunningham McLaughlin, Albert Bushnell Hart (1914)
"class war demands class loyalty. International war requires loyalty to the ... Therefore the advocates of the class war could not do otherwise than oppose ..."
2. The Socialist Movement by James Ramsay MacDonald (1911)
"class war. Another inheritance from the imperfect views which had to guide the early Socialists is the theory of the class war. Here again, the superficial ..."
3. The Economics of Communism: With Special Reference to Russia's Experiment by Leo Pasvolsky (1921)
"class war in the Villages The decree of May 13 was the first effort on the part of the Soviet Government to introduce class war in the villages and use it ..."
4. The Settlement Idea: A Vision of Social Justice by Arthur Cort Holden (1922)
"We have here the fundamental concept of the "class war"; the combination of one ... class war."
5. Socialism and Character by Vida Dutton Scudder (1912)
"To answer, we must turn from its inner reactions to its outer relations, and take into account the other combatants in the class-war. ..."
6. Socialism and War by Louis Boudianoff Boudin (1915)
"And those who accepted the nationalistic point of view in this war agreed to suspend the class-war, as a subordinate struggle, in view of the presence of ..."
7. Selected Articles on Modern Industrial Movements by Daniel Bloomfield (1919)
"By saying that the class war has begun, I mean that a certain group of men ... I do not mean that class war has begun in the sense that now the die is cast ..."
8. Theodore Roosevelt: An Autobiography by Theodore Roosevelt (1913)
"They assert that this class war is already upon us and can only be ended when capitalism is entirely destroyed and all the machines, mills, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Class war