Definition of Classification system
1. Noun. A system for classifying things.
Specialized synonyms: Decimal System Of Classification, Dewey Decimal Classification, Dewey Decimal System, Hierarchical Classification System, File System, Filing System, Grouping, Pigeonholing, Rating System, Scoring System, Abo Blood Group System, Abo Group, Abo System
Classification System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Classification System Images
Literary usage of Classification system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biodiversity and the Management of the Madrean Archipelago: The Sky Islands edited by Leonard F. DeBano (1999)
"To illustrate the applicability of the classification system, ... Both the classification system and map are therefore of potential use to those interested ..."
2. Science of Fingerprints: Classification and Uses (1988)
"... Crime Information Center Fingerprint classification system The National Crime Information Center (NCIC) is a computerized information system established ..."
3. Measurements for Competitiveness in Electronics (1994)
"... the US Industrial Outlook.1 STANDARD INDUSTRIAL classification system The data in the reports of the Bureau of the Census are arranged according to the ..."
4. Handbook on Urban Runoff Pollution Prevention and Control Planning (1993)
"Land Use and Land Cover classification system (Anderson, 1976) Level Level II 1. Urban or 11. Residential developed land 12. Commercial and services 13. ..."