Definition of Classified ad
1. Noun. A short ad in a newspaper or magazine (usually in small print) and appearing along with other ads of the same type.
Generic synonyms: Newspaper Ad, Newspaper Advertisement
Specialized synonyms: Want Ad
Classified Ad Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Classified Ad Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Classified Ad
Literary usage of Classified ad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Free Agent Marketing Guide: 100+ Marketing Tips for Free Agents by Douglas Florzak (2004)
"Place an online classified ad Another way to publicize your website is to list it on Internet classified websites. Most of these sites offer some sort of ..."
2. Authentic Reading Practice Grades 4-6 by Jo Ellen Moore (2001)
"Knowing how to use the classified ad section of the paper is a valuable ... Collect enough classified ad sections so that each student has one to work with. ..."
3. Review of Reviews and World's Work by Albert Shaw (1906)
"J. Raymond, Columbus, Ohio, says : "I received 120 replies from my classified ad in EVERYBODY'S ; from my ad in other publications not over 40. ..."
4. Fundamentals of Newspaper Building: A Brief Consideration of the General by Jason Rogers (1922)
"... classified ad. costs as whether the ad. produces results. Practically regardless of circulation, I am in favor of a basic rate of 1 cent a word, ..."
5. Reports of Cases Determined in the Appellate Courts of Illinois by Illinois Appellate Court, Appellate Court, Illinois (1917)
"Company by the classified ad Company, in a letter dated January 19, 1912, addressed to WF Hallam & Company, Lakeland, Florida, signed by the classified ad ..."
6. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1920)
"How to Write a Pulling classified ad. Burdick, Selected Opportunities. Isaac Mendoza Book Co., 17 Ann St., New York Ellis, White Paint Analysis. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Classified ad