Definition of Close corporation
1. Noun. A corporation owned by a few people; shares have no public market.
Generic synonyms: Corp, Corporation
Specialized synonyms: Family Business
Close Corporation Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Close Corporation Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Close Corporation
Literary usage of Close corporation
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Old Virginia and Her Neighbours by John Fiske (1897)
"11 ii • ,, i what is called a " close corporation, and the people had nothing to do with choosing them. Strictly speaking, that was not representative ..."
2. Johns Hopkins University Studies in Historical and Political Science by Johns Hopkins University, Herbert Baxter Adams (1887)
"A close corporation CONSTITUTED. SEC. 2. In accordance with these principles the charter granted by Penn resembled in its ..."
3. Cyclopedia of American Government by Andrew Cunningham McLaughlin, Albert Bushnell Hart (1914)
"... its own membership, and in this form the select vestry developed into a close corporation, whose powers •were later recognized as legal by prescription. ..."
4. Corporation Procedure: Law, Finance, Accounting by Thomas Conyngton, Robert Joseph Bennett, Paul Whittier Pinkerton, Hugh Ronald Conyngton (1922)
"The conduct of a close corporation can be, and usually is, more informal than ... The business of a close corporation of this nature is conducted with the ..."
5. Financing an Enterprise by Hugh Ronald Conyngton (1921)
"The close corporation An inventor may have originated a new mechanism. Needing money to patent his invention and to construct a model, he persuades a friend ..."
6. Memoirs of the Court, Aristocracy, and Diplomacy of Austria by Eduard Vehse (1856)
"... BY THE MATRICULATION OF 1572, A close corporation. MAXIMILIAN was a merry and jovial sovereign, his humour keeping a happy medium between the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Close corporation