Definition of Clothings
1. clothing [n] - See also: clothing
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Clothings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Clothings
Literary usage of Clothings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Spiritual Magazine (1866)
"People will sometimes say, that they feel mentally different in different clothings; and it would not be right to think that this different mental feeling ..."
2. The Monthly Religious Magazine (1865)
"... and that the things outside of this inmost, which he calls the clothings, are from the mother; and that these " clothings, or exterior things, ..."
3. The Mahávansi, the Rájá-ratnácari, and the Rájá-vali: Forming the Sacred and by Mahānāma, Edward Upham, Abhayarāja, William Buckley Fox (1833)
"... the relics were reposited, great alms, suits of priestly clothings, ... the priests and priestesses of the island Lanka, suits of priestly clothings and ..."
4. Europeans' Guide & Medical Companion in India by Gangadin (1895)
"Winter clothings, both for males and females should be of such a nature as to protect thoroughly the chest and abdomen. The fashion of dressing, ..."