¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Clubman
1. a male member of a club [n CLUBMEN]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Clubman Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Clubman
Literary usage of Clubman
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Club Makers and Club Members by Thomas Hay Sweet Escott (1914)
"Club Makers and Club Members CHAPTER I THE clubman IN THE MAKING Club ... The first clubman's solace of penitence and song in poverty and old age—Sir Walter ..."
2. The Holland House Circle by Lloyd Charles Sanders (1908)
"... Holland House—His appearance and conversation—His affection for England—Count Montrond—A salaried clubman—His relations with Talleyrand—Count Flahault—A ..."
3. My Brother, Theodore Roosevelt by Corinne Roosevelt Robinson (1921)
"VIII COWBOY AND clubman A RHYME OF THE ROUGH RIDERS The ways of fate they had trod were as wide As the sea from the shouting sea, But when they had ranged ..."
4. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1912)
"... owner of the Smart Set, has bought the Polo Monthly and clubman. ... combining with the clubman, which had been in existence for some three years. ..."
5. The American Amateur Photographer (1900)
"A clubman" on Our Criticisms. By FC Baker. ' CLOUDLAND." No. 6. ... The little faultfinding of "A clubman" in a recent number of the Western Camera Notes ..."