Definition of Coconut tree
1. Noun. Tall palm tree bearing coconuts as fruits; widely planted throughout the tropics.
Terms within: Cocoanut, Coconut
Generic synonyms: Palm, Palm Tree
Group relationships: Cocos, Genus Cocos
Coconut Tree Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coconut Tree Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coconut Tree
Literary usage of Coconut tree
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Trukese-English Dictionary =: Pwpwuken Tettenin Fóós, Chuuk-Ingenes by Ward Hunt Goodenough, Hiroshi Sugita (1990)
"coconut shell (cut in half dish). and copra removed, often used as a coconut tree: ... any variety of coconut tree that bears many nuts. ..."
2. All about the "coconut Palm" (Cocos Nucifera): Including Practical by John Ferguson (1898)
"A coconut tree is picked on an average four times a year, yielding each time, ... The bye-products of the coconut tree are comparatively neg- ected. ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1906)
"A STUDY OF THE coconut tree. IN an interesting paper published in the Philippine Journal of Science, Dr. EB Copeland gives the preliminary results of some ..."
4. Adventure Guide to St Vincent, Grenada and the Grenadines by Cindy Kilgorie Brown, Alan Moore (2003)
"DON'T SIT UNDER THE coconut tree Cartoons of desert islands always show a ... However welcoming it may seem, a coconut tree demands respect from those ..."
5. Quaint Old Stories to Read and Act (1912)
""As I sat at my home by the coconut tree, resting beneath the shade of a young palm tree, ... He was sitting by a young palm tree under a coconut tree. ..."
6. On the Water Relations of the Coconut Palm by Philippines Bureau of science, Paul Caspar Freer, Edward Bingham Copeland, Herbert S Walker, Charles S. Banks (1906)
"Plate II shows a coconut tree very badly infested by both the rhinoceros beetle and ... I once felled a dead coconut tree, the trunk of which was completely ..."
7. The Divine Luminous Wisdom That Dispels the Darkness by M R Bawa Muhaiyaddeen (1997)
"The man pours water on the young coconut tree for only three years. But the coconut tree, returning its gratitude, lives for 120 years and gives him ..."