Definition of Colchica
1. colchicum [n] - See also: colchicum
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Colchica Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Colchica
Literary usage of Colchica
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of Horticulture, Cottage Gardener and Home Farmer (1879)
"I have compared them at different times and they register 2°, 3°, and 4° differently." STAPHYLEA colchica. As a forcing shrub for decorative purposes in ..."
2. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and ...by Liberty Hyde Bailey by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1917)
"... also S. elegans, S. colchica, and S. Bumalda have very handsome flowers. S. colchica blooms at an early age and is sometimes forced, ..."
3. A Practical Guide to Garden Plants by John Weathers (1901)
"Seeds are also freely produced by some of the species such as colchica, pinnata, ... S. colchica and S. pinnata have been crossed with each other and have ..."
4. The English Flower Garden and Home Grounds: Design and Arrangement Shown by by William Robinson (1907)
"S'. colchica is important, this being a beautiful shrub with pinnate leaves and large terminal clusters of snow- white flowers in early summer. ..."