Definition of College man
1. Noun. A student (or former student) at a college or university.
Specialized synonyms: College Student, University Student, Grad Student, Graduate Student, Postgraduate, Undergrad, Undergraduate
Generic synonyms: Educatee, Pupil, Student
College Man Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: College Man Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of College Man
Literary usage of College man
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Education by Project Innovation (Organization) (1907)
"But the success of a college man relative to a non-college man will depend also upon the nature of the business which he enters. Some services are of such a ..."
2. Education by Project Innovation (Organization) (1906)
"Book Notices The college man and the College Woman. ... That every college man and woman ought to do so is a trite fact; the more significant fact is that ..."
3. Slang and Its Analogues Past and Present: A Dictionary, Historical and by John Stephen Farmer, William Ernest Henley (1891)
"and off he ran, Did my spicy swell small college man. DOODLE, $ul>s. (old). — I. A dolt. For synonyms, sec BUFFLE and CABBAGE-HEAD. ..."
4. College and Commonwealth: And Other Educational Papers and Addresses by John Henry MacCracken (1920)
"... THE college man AND FREEDOM VHERE is an old hymn beginning, "When I can read my title clear To mansions in the skies, I bid farewell to every fear, ..."
5. College Training and the Business Man by Charles Franklin Thwing (1904)
"But it is to be said at once that the college man soon overtakes and soon ... But the argument is clear and solid that, in case the college man has as great ..."
Other Resources Relating to: College man