Definition of Coluber constrictor
1. Noun. Blackish racer of the eastern United States that grows to six feet.
Generic synonyms: Racer
Specialized synonyms: Blue Racer, Coluber Constrictor Flaviventris
Coluber Constrictor Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coluber Constrictor Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coluber Constrictor
Literary usage of Coluber constrictor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Archæology of the United States by Samuel Foster Haven (1856)
"coluber constrictor, Linnaeus (male). Black Snake. May 17. This snake had been kept without food for ten days. This is one of the swiftest and strongest of ..."
2. Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1825)
"Inhabits Missouri. A specimen in the Philadelphia Museum. COLUBER constrictor. SYNONYMA. coluber constrictor, Linn. Gmel. Kalm. Tra», in N. America, Vol. ..."
3. The Animal Kingdom Arranged in Conformity with Its Organization by Georges Cuvier, Pierre André Latreille (1831)
"Linnaeus had correctly indicated this Serpent in his tenth edition, under the name of coluber constrictor: why he changed it in the twelfth to Boa ..."
4. Materials for the study of variation treated with especial regard to by William Bateson (1894)
"coluber constrictor. WYMAN, J., Proc. Bost. NHS, 1862, is. p. 193,/<7. Coluber constrictor. MITCHILL, SL, Amer. Jour, of Sci., x. 1826, p. 48, PI. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Coluber constrictor