Definition of Commissioned military officer
1. Noun. A commissioned officer in the Army or Air Force or Marine Corps.
Specialized synonyms: Captain, Colonel, Field Officer, Field-grade Officer, Fo, General Officer, Lieutenant, Major, Marshal, Marshall, Subaltern
Generic synonyms: Commissioned Officer
Commissioned Military Officer Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Commissioned Military Officer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Commissioned Military Officer
Literary usage of Commissioned military officer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Dictionary of Trade Products, Manufacturing, and Technical Terms: With a by Peter Lund Simmonds (1858)
"SERGEANT, an officer; the word is used in several senses, aa for a police-officer, a non-commissioned military officer, <fcc. SERGE, a cloth of quilted ..."
2. The Province of Burma: A Report Prepared on Behalf of the University of by Alleyne Ireland (1907)
"The salary in the Civil Department of a commissioned military officer, not being a Native of India, whether the pay of his office be consolidated or staff ..."
3. A Dictionary of Military Terms by Edward Samuel Farrow (1918)
"A commissioned military officer below the rank of captain. Sub-brigadier.—Formerly, an officer in the Horse Guards who ranked as cornet. ..."
4. A Military Journal During the American Revolutionary War: Describing by James Thacher (1827)
"They further resolved unanimously, that every non-commissioned military officer, or soldier, who has enlisted or shall enlist in the service of these States ..."
5. Public Papers of George Clinton, First Governor of New York, 1777-1795, 1801 by George Clinton, New York (State). Governor, 1801-1804 (George Clinton), Hugh Hastings, James Austin Holden, New York (State). State Historian (1900)
"Resolved unanimously, That every non commissioned military officer and soldier, who hath enlisted, or shall enlist into the service of these states, for, ..."
6. pennsylvania archives by Pennsylvania State Library, Pennsylvania Dept. of Public Instruction, Pennsylvania Secretary of the Commonwealth (1853)
"Resolved, Unanimously, that every.non commissioned military officer, tnd Soldier who hath inlisted or shall inlist into the Service of these States, ..."