Definition of Common ragweed
1. Noun. Annual weed with finely divided foliage and spikes of green flowers; common in North America; introduced elsewhere accidentally.
Common Ragweed Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Common Ragweed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Common Ragweed
Literary usage of Common ragweed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Hayfever and Asthma: Care, Prevention and Treatment by William Scheppegrell (1922)
"Its greater size (20 microns in diameter, or twice the volume and weight of that of the common ragweed) reduces its potential radius to one-sixteenth of ..."
2. Weeds of the North Central States edited by Lloyd M. Wax, Richard S. Fawcett, Duane Isely (1999)
"common ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia) p. 181 27. ... similar in appearance to common ragweed but much less common; leaves rough on upper surface, ..."
3. Ethnobotany of the Tewa Indians by Wilfred William Robbins, John Peabody Harrington, Barbara W. Freire-Marreco (1916)
"... common ragweed; My, inflorescence). In case the flowers are not scattered along the stalk but have their bases surrounded by a common involucre, ..."
4. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario, Entomological Society of Canada (1863-1871) (1885)
"... in the heat of the day on the finely-cut foliage of the common ragweed, 18th May. ... Several taken on elder and the common ragweed, 2oth to 22nd May. ..."
5. Flue-Cured Tobacco: The Complete Handbook by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"Some weeds, such as yellow and purple nutsedge, common ragweed, ... Problem Weeds common ragweed The presence of common ragweed in tobacco fields is related ..."