Definition of Common yellowthroat
1. Noun. An American warbler.
Common Yellowthroat Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Common Yellowthroat Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Common Yellowthroat
Literary usage of Common yellowthroat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Monitoring Bird Populations by Point Counts edited by C. John Ralph, John R. Sauer, Sam Droege (1998)
"Total territories on plots Mapped points Number of territories Species Bobolink Common Snipe common yellowthroat Eastern Kingbird Homed Lark Red-winged ..."
2. Birds of North America by Jim Roetzel (2007)
"... and saying the word 'pish'1 is referred to by birders as "pishing." The sound may draw curious songbirds including this common yellowthroat Warbler. ..."
3. Biodiversity and the Management of the Madrean Archipelago: The Sky Islands edited by Leonard F. DeBano (1999)
"Additionally, common yellowthroat, in normal years, uses the Sacaton as nesting habitat only to retreat into the riparian corridor in dry summers such as ..."
4. Ecosystem Disturbance and Wildlife Conservation in Western Grasslands: A edited by Deborah M. Finch (1998)
"... the shrub-associated common yellowthroat, Geothlypis trichas, was found to reach highest abundance on unburned areas in mixed-grass prairie, ..."