Definition of Communication system
1. Noun. A system for communicating.
Generic synonyms: System
2. Noun. Facility consisting of the physical plants and equipment for disseminating information.
Terms within: Booster, Booster Amplifier, Booster Station, Relay Link, Relay Station, Relay Transmitter, Communications Satellite, Radio Station, Set, Television Station, Tv Station
Generic synonyms: Facility, Installation
Specialized synonyms: Fiber-optic Transmission System, Fibre-optic Transmission System, Fots, Network
Group relationships: Base, Infrastructure
Communication System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Communication System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Communication System
Literary usage of Communication system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Monitoring and Data Management Strategies for Nuclear Emergencies by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency, Nea (2000)
"In general then, in order to establish an international information communication system in accordance with ideas described above, ..."
2. C3I: Issues of Command & Control edited by Thomas P. Coakley (1994)
"One other thing about multi-user systems like the Worldwide Military Command and Control System and the Defense communication system is that since they are ..."
3. The U. S. Coal Industry, 1970-1990: Two Decades of Change (1992)
"Figure 5-22 shows the surface control panel of a hardwire diver communication system. Most hardwire systems can be configured either for two-wire or ..."